Friday, December 28, 2012

Executive Profile - Portland Business Journal:

uqudenlid.blogspot.com
Title: Principal broker, vice president: of counsel, senior propertyh manager. Organization: Elliott Associates Inc. Description of organization: Ellioty Associates Inc. has been serving real estatew owners and investors for more than 30 years from its headquarterszin Portland. It offerw a full range of serviceas including commercialproperty management, asset management and sales and The company manages approximately 87 properties, totalinh in excess of 4 milliojn square feet of retail real estate. Professional I have spent a lifetime in the real estatedmanagement field.
I received my real estate license longer ago then I wouldd like to remember and manageed the very first shopping centerin Portland. Over the coursre of my career, I have managedr more than 40 shopping centers, many duringt the last 27 years withElliottr Associates. Education: Business administration at PortlandeCommunity College. I have continued to develop my skillsa through professional organizations such as Internationa l Certified Shopping Centers and the BuildinfgOwners & Managers Association. Portland. Essential business philosophy: Learn the trade. Be fair, consideratee and honest in all your interactionse in thebusiness world. Respect is earned and will takeyou far.
Best way to keep Keep up on what is happening in thetradse industry. Attend conferences, conventions and tradre shows. Read literature, newspapers, trade magazines and Interneyt articles. Knowledge is power and it’ss important to know what your competitors areup to. Guidingy principle: Honesty. Always continue learning and do the best job that youcan do. Yardsticlk of success: When I made the decision to becomew a certified shopping centeer manager nearly all managerswere men. I was the firsy woman west of the Mississippi and the fifth womaj nationally to earnthe designation. That openeed many doors for me. Best business Choosing to associate myself with the shoppingbcenter industry.
Being one of the first women in the field definedmy experience. Worst business decision: before the econom tanked. Mentors: A number of memberse of the International Certified Shopping Centerd encouraged me to keep tryinb andkeep competing. Those people became lifelonb friends and helped shapemy career. The word that best describew you: Workaholic. Like best about the job: At Elliotft Associates, I have great employers and greagt coworkers. Each day there is somethinvg new and interesting happening and we all have something uniquse to bring tothe table. Like least about the job: In this fielf you have to be able to juggle a lotat once.
I have to focuas on staying organized and Imisplacre things. Pet peeves: I hate when people promise to take care of problem sbut don’t follow through. Most important lesson Listening. Greatest passions: grandchildren. Favorite “Whatever will be, will Most influential book: “The Powerf of Positive Thinking,” by Norman Vincent Peald and “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” by Dale Both books were hugely The principles still apply in mydaily life. They helpecd me overcome some difficulties in my careefr and kept meon track.
I also read a lot of self-helpp books and articles to help give me Favorite cause: Having survived cancer in 2005, I’m drawn to contributinfg to cancer causes. Favorite movie: “The Soundx of Music.” I love Favorite musician: Good country-westernj musicians. Most treasured possession: My home near the Willamettre River. It’s refreshing to go home in the evenintg and watch theriver traffic. Favorite Country Kitchen. Favorite vacation spots: Hawaii. Favorite way to spend free Reading and listening to political commentatorson television.

No comments:

Post a Comment