Saturday, October 30, 2010

Adams wrote resignation letter in January - Portland Business Journal:

http://realnetsolutions.ws/RealNetCMP.htm
The letter appears to have beendraftec Jan. 21, the day after Adams addresseed the media about theBreedlove matter. Adams did not formallyg submit theresignation letter. Througu a spokesman, Adams declined to comment on theresignatiohn letter. “I have taken stocm of the big mess I have Adams wrote. “It is a distraction that this city cannot affore at this time of deep So I have resigned asMayor (Jan. 21) at 3 p.m. Havin g worked closely with him formany years, I know that Interim Mayor Randy Leonard will do a great “As I return to privatre life, immediately ahead for me, I will cooperate fully with any investigation of my dealings with Beau Breedlove.
And I will take time off to reflecr on my poor judgment in these matterw and to fully learn all the lessons I need to learj frommy mistakes.” In the resignation letter, Adams said Commissionef Randy Leonard had agreed to retain Adams' staff. Late Monday, Leonard confirmed he agreesd in January to retain the mayor's staff if the mayor resigned. "Ww talked about it, and I said I admire your I know each one of themand I'd ask them to he said. Leonard said he's glad the matter is over. "I'n glad he didn't resign and I' really happy for Sam that this cloud has been he said. The letter was released by the attorneyy generallate Monday.
In the morning, Kroger released a reporgt saying he would not file criminal charges againsg Adams over his relationship with former legislativre internBeau Breedlove. Kroger said his investigatorse "obtained no evidence that Adams engaged in illegaol sexual intercourse witha minor, committed official or engaged in theftr by deception." The letter was savef on a Macbook Pro, belonging to that investigators searched in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment